HOME | My Picks | Site Map | Relocation
Ace Realty Logo
Real Estate and Relocation Co.
  Apartment Search Map Search Relocation Service US Military Life in Korea  

Life in Korea
 * Accommodation
 * Garbage Disposal
 * Driving
 * Communication
 * Transportation
 * Medical Services
 * Tourism
 * Sports
 * Leisure
 * Etc

Life in Korea - Driving
  - Buying a car   - Procedures for acquiring a driver's licence   - Rental cars
  - Car registration   - Leave Your Car at Home Day System   - Resident preferred parking
      permit system

1. New cars
  When buying a new car, registration takes place on the sopt. Because automobile registration process for
  foreigners is complicated, the service that accompany purchasing a new car are convenient. Denpending on
  the car's engine size, acquisition and registration tax will vary from 2-6%.You must purchase government
  • Required documents
  •   - Alien registration card
      - A certificate of liability insurance and public bonds

    2. Used cars
      Although used-car dealers are not liable for the registration service, they usually provide it. It is advisable for
      foreigners to go to dealers with an interpreter. A buyer should obtain a car registration card, certificate of car
      inspection, certificate of transfer, and certificate of the previous owner's registered seal for transfer registration.
      If the buyer does not register the transfer within 15 days, he or she will be fined.
  • Used car dealers
  • Dealers Tel
     Janganpyeong Automobile Trading Market
    (Subway line #5, Jandhanpyeong St. exit 6)
     Gangnam 1 Automobile Trading Market
    (Subway line #8, Bokjeong St. exit 3, 10 mins walk)
     Gangseo Automobile Trading Market
    (Subway line #5, Balsan St. exit 3)
  • Required documents
  •   - Vehicle registration certificate
      - Certificate of automobile examination
      - Certificate of alien registration
      - Two Korean guarantors and a certificate of entry for foreigners who have no align registraiotn card
      - Trasfer of ownership(legal form)
      - Certificate of liability insurance and government bonds

    3. Bring a car into Korea
      When a car, even a used car, is to be brought into Korea, it's considered as an imported car. In this case, you
      must pay 30-40% of customs duty of the current value of the car. You are also to pay registration tax(5%, when
      registering the car), education tax(1%), acqusition tax(2%) and buy a bond(20%) in addition to other expenses
      for shipping and so forth.
      * For more information, inquire to the Korea Customs Representative at the Invest Korea. Tel : 82-2-3460-7561

    House Regist

    Korea Apartments | Korea Houses | Korea Villas | Seoul Apartments | Seoul Houses | Seoul Villas
    Apartment Search | Map Search | Relocation Service | Life in Korea | US Military | Request
    HOME | About Us | Site Map
    Copyright © 2010 acerealty.kr - Ace Realty Consulting Co. All Right Reserved.
    Registered No : 92240000-1362 / Tel: 02-797-0330 / E-mail: acerent7@gmail.com
    D-#207, Yongsan Park Xi Bldg, Hangangryo-1Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea.