HOME | My Picks | Site Map | Relocation
Ace Realty Logo
Real Estate and Relocation Co.
  Apartment Search Map Search Relocation Service US Military Life in Korea  

Life in Korea
 * Accommodation
 * Garbage Disposal
 * Driving
 * Communication
 * Transportation
 * Medical Services
 * Tourism
 * Sports
 * Leisure
 * Etc

Life in Korea - Etc
  - International marriage   - Birth declaration   - National Pension Fund
  - Seal impression registration
      and certificate issuance
  - Acquisition or holding of land   - Quarantine for PETS
  - Quarantine   - Lifestyle  

Significance of marriage
  Marriage signifies a legal union between a mature male and female to constitute a permanent life team.
  Marriage is constituted by the agreement and free will of the parties and becomes effective when declared as
  provided under the Family Registration Act. Marriage is divided into legal and civil marriages. The majority of the
  world's states, including Korea, have enacted a legal marriage law.
  The marriage partners should declare their marriage

  Marriage is declared to the office of the city or township where the husband or wife maintains a permanent
  or current domicile. Marriage between Korean nationals living overseas may be declared to the nearby Korean
  diplomatic mission.

  Marriage becomes legally effective upon its declaration. No specific deadline is provided for marriage

  Marriage is declared by a written statement signed by the two contracting parties and two mature witnesses.

Supporting documents
  If either marriage party is a minor or otherwise requires the consent of his/her parents or a legal guardian, the
  guardian should sign on the marriage declaration form after indicating their consent, address and name in full
  in the spaces provided on the form or should attach a written and signed consent to the marriage declaration

  Family register duplicates should be attached to the marriage declaration form as documents required to
  support the marriage declaration.

Declaration of international marriage
  • When declared in Korea
  •     When a Korean national marries a foreigner, the marriage should be declared with the Korean government as
        provided under the Family Registration Act, although the statutory requirements for the marriage are regulated
        by the law of the foreigner's home country. Therefore, the foreigner should attach to the marriage declaration
        form documentary evidence of his nationality (family census duplicate copy, birth certificate, passport copy of
        certified duplicate of identity register) and documents (issued by the home country's government or overseas
        mission) evidencing the parties' capacity to marry or legal requirements, as provided under Article 76 of the
        Family Registration Act.

  • When marriage is declared overseas
  •     When a Korean national marries a foreigner in the foreign country under a marriage certificate prepared
        according to its law, a duplicate copy of such a certificate should be submitted to the Korean diplomatic
        mission in the region within one month or may be submitted to the head of the family registration office in
        Korea by mail or in person.

  • When a Korean man marries a foreign woman
  •     When a Korean man marries a foreign woman, the foreign woman does not obtain Korean nationality by
        declaring their marriage. The marriage details should be indicated in the identity space of the husband's
        family register becomes separate after deletion from the parent's family when the husband wants to have
        his own separate family register) and should be later indicated in his family register when the wife declares
        her naturalization.

  • When a Korean woman marries a foreign man
  •     When a Korean woman marries a foreigner, a new family register is constituted with her indicated as the family
        head rather than entering the foreigner into her parents' family register. The marriage declaration is indicated in
        the permanent domicile space. When it is difficult to correct the new permanent domicile, however, the existing
        permanent domicile may be treated as the new permanent domicile.

    House Regist

    Korea Apartments | Korea Houses | Korea Villas | Seoul Apartments | Seoul Houses | Seoul Villas
    Apartment Search | Map Search | Relocation Service | Life in Korea | US Military | Request
    HOME | About Us | Site Map
    Copyright © 2010 acerealty.kr - Ace Realty Consulting Co. All Right Reserved.
    Registered No : 92240000-1362 / Tel: 02-797-0330 / E-mail: acerent7@gmail.com
    D-#207, Yongsan Park Xi Bldg, Hangangryo-1Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea.